View Single Post
Old 12-09-2002, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Default When you stand in front of the lord you will know the truth.

Posted By: runscott

I know this will be controversial, but I am so tired of having absolutely every seller of forgeries say "God Bless" in their rebuttal. Following is the latest email from the t206 fake Cobb red portrait seller - several of us were "blessed" with this rebuttal, which should be inserted verbatim in the "How to Rebutt Accusations of Selling Forgeries" manual. I think if I ever meet an actual disabled semi-literate antique dealer from Ohio or Kentucky, I will wet my pants and run screaming from the room.

"God Bless" is very effective and also believable when you hear it in Church, or from a friend or loved one - I even get a slight warm fuzzy when I hear it from Dubya. But somehow the voice of the Speculator just isn't working for me.

The note below was Spec's response to "Ask the Seller" questions sent by myself and several other board members informing him (or her) that the Cobb was a fake. I responded "appropriately", and the message title you see above was his complete, concise response - I guess I better get ready!

Speculator <speculator@valink.com> wrote:

I am not trying to cheat anyone. I sell cards on occasion for a local card dealer on commision. He bought the card under pretents that it was real. It was owned by a history teacher at the local high school since he was a boy. The teacher sold it to a student that was friends with the guy that the card dealer. He in turn asked me to sell it, he thought it was legit. He said to pull it off and we will send it off for grading. I don't know baseball, I know racing.

Not to all of you but, the ones who sent nasty emails HOW DARE YOU JUDGE ME! I could be a half cocked phyco that traces your URL to you IP server and snipe you out as you leave home. Fortunatly for you I am a God fearing, JESUS loving Christian. May the judgement you past on me be on your head. I was caught up in a mess I had no malicious thought about. To the one s who gave me the friendly FYIs, bless you. Thanks, I had no clue. My feedback reflects my honesty! I would never intentionaly mislead anyone. I am disabled and this is my income. Plus I do unto others as I would have done to me. May the Lord bless you all! Regards, Tracy