View Single Post
Old 06-18-2002, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Default For Henry Yee, or anyone else: 5 Ultra rare Cards

Posted By: Scott

Clearly, someone else must have used Henry's email address to reply to my question. Perhaps this mystery person thought that Henry would not make as much money if he admitted that he cut the cards from a sheet, so they made up the elaborate story about having the cards for several years, as a friendly gesture. And then this same person sent me an email expressing that they were "SHOCKED" that I had posted their email in a public forum. Shame on me.

But it could have happened...really

No, wait a minute - I know what happened. Everything Henry said was true and it was just coincidental that the Kriger card had a tear in exactly the same spot as the Kriger in the second row of the Mastro sheet - same for the damage to the Cobb...and the Marquard (yes, he pulled the auction on that one, but I still found the image and the damage was in exactly the same place as the one on the..yep,you guessed it...the second row of the Mastro sheet.

Weirder things have happened. Watch Ripley's - you'll see.

Actually, I'm being a wise-***. Here's the real explanation: Two sheets were placed exactly on top of one another many years ago. Someone drove a blunt instrument through the Kriger card, making a tear in both sheets at the same spot (the sheets were aligned perfectly). These two sheets were stored together, aligned exactly, for many years and were occasionally bent while being moved - the bends and wear thus appear in exactly the same spots.

See - it's simple!