View Single Post
Old 04-30-2002, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Default Follow-up on EX-MT

Posted By: vorthian

James:

<< I am amazed by some of the grading I have seen that has been done by SCD. Do they do the grading in-house, or out-source it and just allow the SCD name to be added? I don't mean to be overly-harsh, as I tend to be a bit conservative in condition assessment...>>

When you stated the aforementioned, you should have known that you were opening yourself up to responses and critiques if your cards were not "conservative". Subjective in grading cannot apply to one case and not in another, when trying to assess condition.

You speak about the authenticity of these kinds of cards fresh from a pack and slabbed SGC 88 or PSA 9. No offense, but that takes away from what you were defending (the condition of YOUR cards) and opens another can of worms...

<< and they just DON'T come out as clean as this. A PSA 9, anything above SGC 88 - has been TAMPERED WITH. That is just my opinion - but it is one that comes from very reliable and objective first-hand sources. >>

Yes, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Since YOUR sources say that PSA 9 / SGC 88 copies have been TAMPERED with, does that mean Mike Baker and Derek Grady are incompetant in their authentication and grading abilities? I know both of their grading abilities and they seem to know the qualifications for an EXMT card better than some eBay sellers.

You know what's odd? The people that are against the grading companies are usually the ones that overgrade.