View Single Post
Old 04-03-2002, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Default Why I said he was black.

Posted By: Julie Vognar

In spite of it's falaciousness (sp?), i still think he's black--I would not be astonsihed to find out he was not, but would be very surprised.

As for being poor, he kept bidding in auctions with not enough dough to cover them, and since he DID manage to get about $300 dollars together for this card, I figured he really wanted it, and, yes, just as the last poster said, i wanted to make sure he got his Doby, and suddenly found it within my power to practically assure this.

What I can't figure out, all you socially conscious people, is why you're not all jumping down my throat for cheating a dealer! Most of you deal. I limited my discussion of his being black to "...and black--take my word for it" because I didn't think any of you would care about that part! Of course it was important to me, but then I've never suffered a "bid retraction."

Incidentally, I've written to him twice since the "heads up" I gave him the morning the auction closed. The first time was when Bonds hit 73, and the second was after the Oscars. Message No1: "Hey! Hey! Hey!" Message No 2: "Hey!

Hey!

Hey!"