View Single Post
Old 02-05-2002, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Default T205 Pecking Order - Question for Doug and others

Posted By: Plastic Dog 

Doug and other experts (TBob etc.),

How do you rate the full list of T205 difficult cards (top 10, 15 or even 20)? I think you all may have posted it before on the Full Count Board, may it rest in peace, but I never bothered to print it out. Also, are there any on Lew Lipset's list in the Encyclopedia of Baseball Cards that you think shouldn't be there, or any that should be added? (I don't have it in front of me, but he basically mentioned Shean and Graham Cubs as most difficult, followed by the minor leaguers, followed by an established list, followed by another list that was less well established but becoming increasingly accepted as difficult.) Can you all factor in back variants into the thinking here?

[The T207s become the next obvious target - certain to drum up arguments concerning front-back combos and scarcity. I think all of the guides need to have disclaimers on this set especially, as I assume that back multipliers don't apply to cards issued only with rare backs - the scarcity is already factored into the catalog price. Right?]