View Single Post
Old 01-23-2002, 05:26 AM
Administrator

Default PM1 Ornate Frame Pins

Posted By: Tom

I'll post some pictures if I can get some time. I have 8 of them. I have two different Archers--one with his name at bottom and one without any identification. Two different Johnny Evers--One with just his last name and one with his name and 'Cubs' below it. Also Speaker, Tinker, the McGraw David spoke of and a couple others. I'd be interested in the Baker. Would offer $30 for it--just joking. Will send you an offer offline.

They seem to be pretty difficult to get. Lelands seems to have the most of them with 2-3 in each of their last couple of auctions. Condition on MANY of them is poor. Of the 8 I have only about 3 are really top-notch. Much like the Old Judges, the photo quality varies WIDELY on them. I also have one of George Washington.

I think Bryan Dec (sp?) had one of Cobb offered in an SCD a while back at about $975. I saw a Johnson at Howards Sports Collectibles table two years ago at Nationals and it was $600 (wish I'd bought it). And have seen the Mathewson. I think there are more than are catalogued as I've seen 4-5 new ones in last 3-4 years (just like Baker). A friend has the Chief Bender. Thanks for the post of the Cobb picture David. Wish you still had it. What did you get for it, if you don't mind me asking?