Thread: Photo section?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2024, 03:36 PM
Brand0n G.re.ene

Hey Doug! That's funny. I would hate to have a nickname "moose". I'd always feel like I needed to wear a antler hat and crawl around on all fours.

So Guy's daughter got all this information from her mother (guys widow) who is still alive surprisingly. The only time the red sox and braves crossed paths was during spring training/exhibition games. But the games after March 10th that the red sox and braves would've played against eachother did not have "moose" . He was playing in North Carolina in the minors and wouldn't of played with the red sox until September when he was called back up. And the fact that the ball is PSA certified as a braves/Red Sox Spring Training Signed ball is pretty cool. Moose was only in Florida until March 25th and the Braves were busy playing other teams on the road then. I have alot of articles from 1954 to back up my research. I looked through tons of articles and rosters and March 10th was the only game Ben flowers was pitching against Hank (who's name is on the ball) and the only game Guy was catching during that exact game which Guy's daughter and widow confirmed he was playing that game that Hank hit his first homerun (have emails from his daughter)