View Single Post
Old 05-17-2024, 10:34 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
It has everything to do with the topic, this is America, we have strived for equality for gender, race, and religion. More than any other country and we've done a fantastic job. You know how to make racism and sexism go away? Ignore it and unite with the majority of America that has American values.
If you think you need to root out every last racist and sexist you are wasting your time because you would also have to toot out Black racists, Muslim racists, etc. why isn't the gay community protesting en masse for Muslim nations condoning the death of any gay man?
Instead we see protestors embracing gays for Palestine, how clueless is that position.
Perhaps because it's late, but I am having a hard time following your logic. I was reacting to Butker's sexist and homophobic remarks, not looking to invoke a wide ranging discussion of all the hot button issues in the country. I also think your idealism does not really describe the mindset of huge swaths of people in this country who are not at all about embracing equality.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-17-2024 at 10:47 PM.