View Single Post
Old 05-11-2024, 10:04 PM

Default Mike Zolotorow small Brooks Robinson Collection

Day 132 – 12 May 2024
I recently had a collector and seller call me to see if I was interested in a small collection of Brooks Robinson items. He is someone I hold in high regard and very connected in Baltimore. Anyway, I met him on Saturday 20 Apr 23 at the Westminster, MD card show to see what he had. With him, he had a couple binders from an old Baltimore Oriole equipment manager. His name was Mike Zolotorow. Mike not only had a relationship with the Orioles, but him and Brooks appeared to be friendly and he worked for Brooks at his Sporting Goods Store. The centerpiece of the collection is a Brooks Robinson Sporting Goods Co, Inc binder. Clint showed his the other day…Hope ok if I show this one. The binder has the Company name, address, signature, images of Brooks and details about Brooks. The binder mentions Brooks as a 11 time gold glove winner so the binder must be around 1971 or 1972. The binder was a little dirty so I cleaned it up and it looks brand new. Within the binder was a bunch of catalogs for sporting goods. One in particular was a Rawlings equipment catalog that included all the different gloves of the day to include Brooks’ gloves and other player gloves to include Heart of the Hide. I have a few more items to show.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5364.jpg (201.8 KB, 48 views)