View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 05:57 PM
Dan Mabey

To all of my Post and JELL-O buddies -- Thank you for the kind remarks and, most importantly, your hobby friendship.

It is remarkable to reflect upon my re-energized (adult?) hobby journey that began in 1978. Do you ever wonder what would have happened if certain people or circumstances had not crossed your path? To this day, I think about that chance encounter at a weekend Buena Park baseball card show in 1985 that birthed the notion of sharing my Post baseball card research. I mean, who would have thought there were other obsessive, compulsive and somewhat deranged guys that would warmly receive and generously contribute to the 1961-63 Post/JELL-O body of knowledge?

Now that I am once again reasonably physically stable, I will be looking for a local print shop to reproduce the U.S. 1961P, Canadian 1962P, and U.S. 1963P books at a fair price. Regarding my physical state, all I can say is that on Sunday I was the liturgist and managed to serve communion without my legs giving way and my body crashing into the altar. That's a good sign, RIGHT?!

Blessings to you and yours -- and I'll "keep you posted" on the book reprints.