View Single Post
Old 05-06-2024, 07:48 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I haven't been active in vintage in a while. But glad to be posting in this section again.

I have decided that I have way too many cards. Why do I have 40k cards of 2019-2024 products sitting in boxes in a closet? I mean, inserts, parallels/refractors, base, RCs, etc. Why do I have 20k Rangers cards sitting in boxes? I have no clue. And I have a wife nagging me to downsize. So I've made the decision to do just that.

I've decided to sell off all of my non-PC stuff and use the money to focus on slabbed vintage HOFers. Doesn't have to be high grade. Mid-grade (4s-6s) are just fine with me. To take it a step further, I've gone through all of my Rangers and picked out the players I like the most over time and pulled those players. I've decided to ditch the rest. Not sure what I'll do with 5 3200 boxes of Rangers from '72-'24, but I'll figure something out.

To get start, I have sold a pair of lots of 1980s-90s junk wax Rangers to a buddy of mine. Players like Palmiero, O'Brien, some of the no name guys. He then turned around and has sold me a very special card. Hopefully, it'll be here tomorrow, and I can show that off ... stay tuned.

So far, I've only sold a little bit of stuff. But I got enough to buy a couple of graded vintage cards. I'm extremely happy with my pick ups. I know Mantle isn't slabbed. But I plan on slabbing it with SGC at the Allen show next weekend. I will also take the 1958 Topps Snider, crack it and reslab that one too.

For now, here's what I picked up.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.