View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 09:16 PM
Aaron Seefeldt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
I believe the ML style of closing greatly increases prices. Extended bidding started at 7pm, and from 7pm to well over midnight, my cards were getting many multiple bids per minute. I don’t believe this would have happened in an REA/Heritage format, where you only have 15-30 minutes to pivot and are often closed out of lots you would have bid again on, but extended bidding on those lots had ended. Under ML’s style, a bidder can, and does, have more time and options to pivot if/when they are outbid on other lots. I agree that as a bidder, the style is tough. But as a consignor, I really like it and I think it made a huge difference/impact on my set breaks last night.
+1

I have been a long long time consignor to REA but since they changed their closing format a few years ago the “oomph” is gone. When I have heavy consignments I like to buy big too and without the ability to pivot back to items, well it sucks from the buying side. Thus, it directly affects consignments too.

I picked this guy up last night. Congrats to the e105 Cobb & Wagner winners, 2 of the best cards in the auction in my opinion. I’m still in shock that the d304 Wagner sold for more than the e105 Wagner (throwing).

Congrats to Ryan and a hearty “thank you” for making such wonderful items available to us all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4290.jpg (123.4 KB, 520 views)