View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 10:35 AM
Dave

Spencer Rattler supposedly fell pretty far in the draft simply because there's lots of footage out there of him acting like a full on *sshole to his high school team-mates.....5 something years ago.

Ultimately talent will decide where you get drafted, but if Shedeur is showing this kind of immaturity in College, I'm not sure how he's going to be perceived as a possible NFL QB.

I plead ignorant on what his talent level may be, and scouts may accept that type of personalities from other positions on the field...but not sure they want it in their QB.

That type of behavior can also get you hurt on the football field, I think. I always think of Jeremy Shockey, after the Giants drafted him as a Tight End. He could be an electric player at his position, but he was sooo unlikable, and chirped at his opponents so much...you could see defensive players loading up on him and trying to hurt him at every opportunity. Late hits, cheap shots, you name it.

Shockey was a tough guy, and he took it in stride and didn't miss a ton of games...but you could tell he was playing hurt for most of his career.

It's one thing being cocky and confident, on and off the field. It's another to be to real d*ckhead all the time.