View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 03:56 AM
Seabr.en Re.eves

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
Well to REA’s point, that Jackson card in a 1 grade most recently did $1,250. That Ruth card in a 1 grade most recently did $2,500. Compare that to the Gibson card which is rapidly approaching $100K in a 1 grade. Nowhere near being even remotely close to it. Yes, all 3 are post playing days cards with the primary difference being that Gibson had only one other individual card issued previously while Ruth and Jackson had numerous.

BTW I owned one of these back in 2008 in a 1.5 grade due to a small, stray pen-written line on the blank back. Paid $20K for it and auctioned it 2 1/2 years later for $13.5K, a whopping $6.5K loss. Now, 13 years later, someone else benefits from a 7X increase in value while I sit back and chalk up another loss on another 6-figure card in today’s world of crazy prices.
You were ahead of your time to see the importance of this player and card in the hobby, and sure you sold for a good reason at the time. I hope one day you have the opportunity to re-acquire it, should you desire to do so.