View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 01:15 AM
Rich Klein

Couple of things

1) The pace of game is really important. The new Rangers ballpark has a roof and thus the temperature is moderated unlike the old days where you could be outside in 100 degree weather for hours

And let me tell you, if you sat at either previous ballpark in Arlington, you knew you were going to be in 3 plus hours in that heat. No fun. The pitch clock helps that and it's velocity not the pitch clock causing the pitching injury issues. ESPN just had an article which basically verified that assumption.

2) I'm lucky here in East Plano to be about 15-20 minutes from the Frisco Roughriders ballpark. Lot closer than Arlington, lot less expensive and I don't worry about staying till the end of any game. In fact, although we never could figure out the answer with their game day programs to have what I wanted for my birthday, I spent a good 45 minutes at the Dr. Pepper Field with one of the sales reps just chatting baseball. No way a major league team does that for you.

3) another thing baseball does need to figure out is to fix the Regional Sports Networks (RSN) or local cable issue. It's too difficult to figure out how to watch Rangers games since 2020 when Bally's was dropped by my cable company.

4) And the final thing baseball needs to do is to fix their blackout rules for MLB.TV. The blackout areas are too expansive. I know someone in Austin Texas who is blacked out from watching the Houston Astros (not sure about the Rangers in his case). The radius of the blackout should be smaller.

Regards
Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 04-28-2024 at 08:01 AM.