View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 10:53 AM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
I was making a joke Val, I probably should have been more clear.

The E. S. RICE (O.F.) I showed in my post is a W575-1, which is the one I believe you need.

I believe you have yours all identified correctly.

There are two different known W575-1 Rice cards.
-You pictured a W575-1 of E. C. RICE (C.F.) which is correct
-The E. S. RICE (O.F.) that I pictured
(possibly a 3rd of E. C. RICE with R.F. but I haven't seen it)

The order which the RICE cards were made is as follows...

1920 (Holsum Type 1) & early 1921 Releases "E. C. RICE" with "R.F."
1921 Bulk of the releases "E. C. RICE" with "C. F."
1922 releases "E. S. RICE" with "O.F."

Rhett, thanks for explaining your comment - sorry that I didn't catch your joke. I'd been hoping there was no such W575-1 card with "E. S. Rice" and "O. F." existed. Should you ever decide to part with your example, please keep me in mind. Thanks also for the info regarding which years the different Rice variations were issued.

I note that you didn't respond to this question in my earlier post, " Rhett, have you ever compared the sizes of the rectangular boxes for the W501 cards vs. the W575-1 cards, and if so, did you find the sizes to be different, as I did?" Every W501 nad W575-1 card in my collection has this rectangular-box size variance, but I have very, very few of these cards. With all of your experience with these cards, have you found this size variance to be a consistently true differentiator?
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.