View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 06:36 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
I'm not sure why you keep saying the bets were made in Ohtani's name. Everything I have read indicates that the interpreter was betting in his own name, but that the bookie knew he was getting money from Ohtani when he needed to. Apparently, when he won, the money was going into his own account so he wouldn't have always needed to pay from Ohtani's account every time he lost. I'm trying to understand how if he is charged with stealing $16 million from Ohtani but supposedly lost about $40 million net, where did the other $24 million come from?
I thought Ohtani's name was used by Issei? He was allowed to place $325M of bets and a $40M loss on a $300K salary without using Ohtani's name? Back to my actual, original question today in the transcript - is that normal or plausible? To have such a gigantic gap between wealth and bets and the bookie just being okay with that?

I don't know the other $24M details - like I've said the big problem here is the story changes every single week and there is almost no publicly available actual evidence. It's a little difficult not to question things when it's a new tale every week. I have no idea what is actually true, and neither does anyone else here despite what they may claim.