View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 04:07 PM
Mark Arzoumanian

Default Has Anyone Heard About Mantel?

Minutes ago I watched a CNBC segment that featured Alexis Ohanian (the Reddit chief honcho and 776 founder) and Brent Montgomery. They were promoting a new "collectibles community." I just Googled the word and here is a paragraph about who else is behind this:

"Mantel has secured investors including Steve Aoki’s Aoki Labs and Gary Vaynerchuk (VaynerFund), as well as Courtside Ventures, Switch Ventures, Cosmic Venture Partners and co-founder of The Athletic, Adam Hansmann. WNBA legend and broadcaster Candace Parker and founder of Hodinkee and Fairgame Golf Benjamin Clymer are also among the investors. Patrick Keane, the former CEO of sports betting media and tech company Action Network, serves as an adviser to Mantel."

I read a news release and it makes it clear that Mantel is still in "beta" mode. Ohanian made it clear on this CNBC segment that he went absolutely BONKERS over collectibles about seven years ago.

Bottom line? This in nothing more than a "heads up" about Mantel. It looks like there is a LOT of money behind it. Will it succeed? Who knows.

Peace.