View Single Post
Old 02-11-2024, 02:18 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Have to agree with many posters that Deans is extremely hard to work with and it’s amazing they are still in business. Wouldn’t surprise me if the business was a front for something else. Many items they want triple the value (at least) and they don’t care what any recent comps just sold for.

Then again, maybe Deans is super generous when buying items or collections which means they have to sell for more.
I've also wondered if it's a front for something else. But I'm curious when you guys say that they are "extremely hard to work with", what do you mean? What makes them hard to work with? Is it just their pricing that you don't like, or have you had bad experiences beyond just not liking their prices and the fact that their pricing is firm?

They have something like 1.5 million cards online, and surely they prefer to sell from their own website, where they offer discounts up to 20% off, rather than eBay. I think if I were that large with that many cards, I too would probalby have a policy to not negotiate on pricing with people. Otherwise I'd be doing it all day long fielding messages from lowballers. I get annoyed enough as it is with my modest collection having to constantly tell people, "sorry, but my card is perfectly centered, those comps are not relevant", followed by ignorant buyers arguing nonstop. But I know what my cards are worth and I know what they'll sell for. In the rare case that I've priced something too high, I'll eventually figure it out and I'll change my prices.

Last edited by Snowman; 02-11-2024 at 02:23 PM.