View Single Post
Old 02-10-2024, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
is money, his choice.

People seem to just be willing to pay quite a bit more now than years back, not only autographs, but everything.
Not for everything that's autographed. I was just musing to myself yesterday how a Home Run Baker 3X5 will set you back the same dollar amount today as it would have 20 years ago, inflation aside. Several long-gone HOFers on lower-end items (either cuts, 3X5s, GPCs or album pages) are in the same category. If you factor in for inflation, it would have been wiser to wait until today to purchase them! Maranville, Clarke, Heilmann, Paul Waner, Arky Vaughan and more. Keep in mind that values on some of the listed types of items may have risen while others stayed the same.

I understand that these players, while HOFers, aren't as popularly collected as the household names, but there are plenty of people trying to put together HOF sets to the best of their financial abilities. Most collectors also realize that a full set is literally an impossible accomplishment and financially impossible for most people to get extremely close to completing.

20 years ago, a bean burrito at Taco Bell was 99 cents where I live. It's now over $3. But Home Run Baker is still a $400 3X5. Figure that one out.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 02-10-2024 at 04:42 PM.