View Single Post
Old 02-06-2024, 11:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

That's a significant decrease in the size of that pinhole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I wonder what would happen if the card was soaked rather than going through the process completed to lessen the size of the pin hole. I wonder if a grader would actually see the hole or if the quick glance would result in a determination it was just an ink imperfection.

You have to admit that for the effort put forth, the results of the "pinhole relief" are impressive. No extra material added. Not sure what's in the solution used, but I'm guessing it probably doesn't have much in the way of chemicals else there'd be possible ink discoloration issues.

I probably wouldn't purchase any cards from Kurt because in the back of your mind you'd be wondering, what is it that I'm missing. In no way am I implying he'd try and pass something off without disclosure. I'm guessing he'd be more than happy to disclose all work done to one of his cardboard patients.

Because I'm posting the before/after pics doesn't imply I'm a fan of card repair (especially trimming). It's an interesting topic and deserves discussion.

Attachment 608589