View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 04:16 AM

Default Baltimore Orioles Memorial StadiymDirectory Sign

piece of “art” from the stadium.
Day 36 – 5 February 2024
Today’s sign is one of my favorites and took a while to get it hung given its size. The Concession Directory is made of plastic and measures 48 inches by 23 inches. The vendor at Memorial Stadium providing the different services provided this sign around the stadium as a map for the different concessions and stadium services. The vendor at the time is ARA. I believe this sign is from the late 1980s and early 1990s, but can’t tell exactly. My research is incomplete. The sign shows upper and lower deck concessionaires (hot dogs, popcorn, crabcakes, nachos, fries, burgers, pizza, yogurt, and pretzels. Interestingly, I do not see any booze being sold (where is Naty Boh sold?). A few stickers are on the sign covering up old vendors saying “Beers of the World.” I have included a small area of the sign with stickers advertising the Gift Shop, Beers of the World, and Memorial Stadium Memories (anyone remember what Memorial Stadium Memories included?). The sign has great detail of the stadium sections and gates. At the bottom, you can find a directory for all the different services (first aide, tickets, security, playground {I don’t remember a playground}, fan assistance but no cell phone charging stations).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4579.jpg (191.0 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4584.jpg (195.4 KB, 82 views)