View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 06:31 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chstrite View Post
Day 31 – 31 January 2024
Today I am sharing a picture of the 1970 Eastern Division Champions and American League Champion Baltimore Orioles Memorial Stadium direction sign. The sign is bright yellow with the Oriole bird holding a bat tipping his cap. The sign has blue font for “Memorial Stadium.” I am guessing these signs were randomly placed on telephone poles as a temporary sign for traffic. This sign, has a hole / damage on the top “O” in Memorial that I patched on the back with painters tape and yellow construction paper. My favorite part of the sign is how they put it on yellow. The sign is cardboard and measures 24 inches by 18 inches. I believe there are signs like this for each WS year with some years having more than one.
You showed my favorite metal sign and the ‘70 is my favorite cardboard sign. Even though yellow is not really their team color it just looks really nice with all the colors they used to put the sign together.

They do have a cardboard example for each year the Orioles went to the World Series. I’ve seen a few variations over the years on the signs (not including the directional arrow). It would be cool to have at least one of the cardboard signs for each year (‘66, ‘69, ‘70, ‘71, ‘79 and ‘83). Also, would be nice for in my lifetime to see the O’s go to the World Series again.