View Single Post
Old 01-24-2024, 01:47 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
Sorry but no matter how many times you say it I never said Joe Mauer doesn't belong in the Hall of fame. You claim that You infer this. But it is just your inferance. I directly compare Mauer's name recognition to Barry Bonds Roger Clemens and Alex Rodriguez to make the point that all three are in fact Famous. They became Famous playing Baseball. I saw all 3 play both live and on TV. It was clear that they were Great. I close my first post saying that I do not support the Baseball Hall of Fame because they have denied admission to 3 of the Greatest to have ever played the game. Makes sense to me.

You use words like Druggies and cheaters to describe Barry Bonds Roger Clemens and Alex Rodriguez. I describe them as Great and among the Best to have ever played the game. When Bud Selig and David Ortiz were elected into the Hall of Fame any claim that these three do not belong in the Hall of Fame because of steroids lost any and all credibility. So again I state for the record I do not understand why these three remain outside the hall of Fame.
You seem stuck on the word understand and my use of it in this context. Here it does not mean I cannot comprehend or understand the arguments against them. Here it means I cannot agree with a group of folks like you who describe 3 of baseballs greatest as cheaters and Druggies undeserving of the Hall of Fame after voting in David Ortiz who tested positive for steroids during his playing career. And Bud Selig who oversaw baseball during the Steroid era.

Agree with and understand are two completely different things. We all understand why they are not in and it is disingenuous to pretend that is not so, just as the previous claim. What this has to do with Mauer is a complete and total mystery, if you are not arguing against him and brought these things up for no reason at all after criticizing his candidacy with your completely real multi-week street survey.