View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 07:43 PM
Brian Jordan

I listen to podcasts through the Apple podcast app on my phone. All 250 episodes of the SABRCast are available to listen/download on that app so you can easily listen to old episodes. The topics/era vary depending on who's being interviewed but it's a lot of authors writing about the history of the game so it's a common subject.
Rounders: A History of Baseball in America is another podcast on the subject.
There are some vintage card podcasts but I've found you tube is usually better for that topic as it's common for hosts to show cards during the discussion. Some you tubers cross publish as a podcast (and vice versa) so I do listen some when walking the dog or driving.
I really enjoy the 1988 Topps podcast. Each episode is a deep dive into one card/player in the set. Would love someone to publish a similar podcast for a famous vintage set like T206, Goudey, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I never heard of this podcast. But then again, I don't listen to podcasts or subscribe to anything like that. I definitely would have changed that had I known there was a show that covers early baseball.

Is there a repository and associated table of content that covers the different podcast subjects? If possible, I'd like to listen to the casts that included the 19th century topics.

Now I'm going to be googling this topic.