View Single Post
Old 01-14-2024, 03:04 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post
The pamphlet discusses the history of the magazine, announces the issuing of shares, and discusses why it's a good investment. (I scanned the entire thing if anyone is interested in seeing it.) Then it describes the various departments in the company. One in particular caught my eye - the Baseball Art Department. It discusses how the company began issuing posters of baseball players in news stands. I assume these were M113 posters
I have to admit that I initially treated your post much like I treated Playboy magazine in my youth : fixated on only the pictures.

Now that I have taken the time to READ your post (there really were good stories in Playboy, too) I am amazed by that particular quote, which is absolutely regarding the m113 posters.,

The stuff about the player posters is amazing and definitely about the m113s. If the pamphlet is indeed from 1910 then that fits pretty close with what we have discovered about the poster release schedule. The first Cobb was originally advertised in the August 1909 issue of Baseball Magazine (although the Standard Catalog lists a 1910 release), which fits in roughly with the "since last June" line in your picture, especially if you factor in poster placement in news stands and their subsequent sales.

Doug