View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 03:12 AM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Good thing the "Hobby Clowns" (according to the Snowman here) brought needed awareness to this fraud, or you never would have been refunded.

Aside from those "Hobby Clowns", the only other reason you got refunded was that another Board Member here (who legally represented PWCC while the FBI was investigating them) advised Brent to offer full refunds on all the altered cards that were exposed. He probably kept Brent out of jail in doing so.

The "Hobby Clowns" put in countless hours (with no pay and no benefit to themselves) to expose the blatant fraud, and still probably caught less than 5% of the doctored cards out there. The hundreds of hours and level of detail they had to dig into was overwhelming. So to see them demeaned in a thread like this is misguided and imbecilic.
Again, I was not referring to BODA when I said "hobby clowns".

Brent likely could have represented himself and nothing would have happened to him. An auction house selling graded cards that trimmers consigned is very clearly not a crime. Even if they knew about it.

In fact, I'll take that a step further. I believe Brent could have sat on the witness stand and openly admitted to trimming cards himself, getting them regraded, putting a "PWCC-S" eye appeal sticker on it, and reselling it on his platform for massive profits and he still wouldn't have been convicted of committing a crime.

"Less than 5%" lol. Yes, 0.00001 is less than 5. Your math checks out

Last edited by Snowman; 01-12-2024 at 03:18 AM.