View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 07:02 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedwilliams1918 View Post
There have been some crazy sales, when I started buying them 3-4 years ago I figured it would probably take 10 years to make them very valuable on its own without me cornering the market…..the one thing about errors the longer people know about them the more valuable they are and have to hunt for them, everyone I know who’s has paid a giant premium for one are not guys who collect errors regularly but are huge mantle collectors…..and there’s probably 100000x more mantle collectors than error collectors 🤣🤣
LOL, yes and you are the one buying most of them. All it takes is a few posts on the internet saying you hoard a card and prices will rise. I have posted a few times I hoard a certain card. I am the only one who buys them but it doesn't stop everyone from lining up to try and sell me a $.10 card for $100.

Print errors work pretty much like the old pump and dump method. If you pump them up you can get a very very small percentage of player collectors to bite. Most don't care about a beyond silly print error and actually wouldn't even buy at way less than a regular card.

I love print errors but 99.9% don't.