View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 06:17 AM
James M.

I am truly heartbroken and devastated.

I met Ted for the first time at one of the Cooperstown shows, that he would set up in the small room at the Cooperstown Veterans Club. I was finally able to reconnect with him, when I came to this forum, as an adult in 2019. We had many conversations over email, though looking back on it I very much regret not getting his phone number and being able to talk to him on the phone. We spoke of the Old Yankees players, baseball cards, life, etc. It was the thing that always amazed me about this hobby, that it could bring people young and old together

I was able to see Ted again, at the Philly Show, post Covid. In the past we had many conversations about Phil Rizzuto, Ted explained to me how they didn't live to far from one another at one point. In a very fitting manner, he happened to be selling a raw 1950 Bowman Phil Rizzuto card, which I happily purchased from him. It was a nice way to culminate meeting again, and being able to discuss the hobby.

2023, was a bit of a mess for me, numerous family issues, and life issues got in the way of me being able to participate in the Hobby, and my conversations with Ted unfortunately lessened. When I saw the good news a few days ago, I was hoping that I'd be able to see Ted in Person again, or at least speak to him through email or an eventual phone call. This is a stark reminder to not take life for granted, cherish your friends and loved ones and that life is truly too short.

Ted was an incredible man. I will sorely miss him, and our conversations. You wish men, like Ted, could live forever, with the amount of kindness he was able to show to so many people. If there is a collection occurring for his funeral expenses I will gladly participate.

Ted, enjoy the great big Card Show in the sky. Where you're able to endlessly talk about the hobby we love so much, with so many others.

- James

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.