View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 04:55 AM

Default Brooks Robinson 1971 Baltimore Sun and Boston Globe

Day 8 – 8 January 2024

Switching up this week. In 1971 Brooks Robinson appeared in two Newspaper Posters. One from Baltimore and the other from Boston. A select number of Orioles appeared in the Baltimore Sun weekly. This group included Brooks. A total of 14 Orioles headshots. Brooks was first in the weekly publication. I imagine his poster is the hardest to find and the most expensive. The set is not easy to find but they are out there and affordable. A couple years ago I learned that Brooks appeared on a similar poster but in Boston on a national list of sports stars including Mays and Clemente. On August 8, 1971 (interesting…this is my father’s birthday). Brooks was on a very colorful Boston Globe poster in the field. This one I found 5 minutes after walking into the Philly Card Show recently. Having never seen one, I gave it a double take and bought it immediately. The two posters appear below. I like both but the Boston Globe copy is probably my favorite. Share more details if you have any other details. Anyone else have the Globe version?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4463.jpg (193.1 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4462.jpg (197.3 KB, 169 views)