View Single Post
Old 01-06-2024, 08:32 PM

Default 1962 Brooks Robinson Post Cereal (correction)

Day 3 January 2024 (correction):

The 1962 post on Brooks Post Cereal had some errors on my comments about Panels. I also received a question about variations. Here is some additional information to clarify things with pictures. The 1962 Post Cereal set includes 200 different players. Brooks appeared on Canadian Panel, which I have never seen, but aways looking! Not sure one exists. I do have the highest graded Canadian hand cut card. Brooks appeard on four (4) different boxes in 1962. Below you will see the two different versions of the Post Toasties Corn Flakes panel with and without the Spout. The two Post Toasties boxes differ with the black box section (one includes the word “all” and the other does not). The boxes are different on the back, too (one is dark and the other lighter). Also, I have a complete unassembled Post Toasties Box with spout. I am tempted to assemble it; it would make an excellent display. Brooks also appears on an Alphabet Box and a Crispy Critters box. The Alphabets box has the word “all” and the Crispy Critters box does not have the word “all.” For some reason, PSA believes Brooks appears on a 3 panel cereal box, but he does not (as far as I know). Someone convinced PSA otherwise so I was able to find a damaged panel and had the 3 panel version graded. The single hand cut graded card is also displayed. The four different hand cut cards are provided and marked below them.i believe Ken Marks will discuss some of this and provide more detail on the “variations.”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4482.jpg (196.6 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4483.jpg (205.6 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4484.jpg (197.1 KB, 191 views)