View Single Post
Old 01-06-2024, 02:36 PM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chstrite View Post
Day 6 – 6 January 2024
Hostess included Brooks Robinson on the 1976 Hostess box. This box included a Suzy Q. This set included 150 different players. It makes a wonderful display and is my favorite Hostess card. Also included today is the 3 player panel and the single card.
Charlie,

I loved collecting the Hostess cards. I'm sure the grocery store didn't appreciate me going through all the boxes, looking for the cards I needed. I ate a lot of Hostess product in high school. My mom would freeze all the extras for the winter.

I didn't realize at the time that there are cropping variations depending on the product. I also wasn't smart enough to keep the boxes or keep track of which cards came on which products. I do remember I hated the boxes that had the L shaped panels.

It looks like you have both of the Brooks Robinson variations (amount of pants showing at the bottom). I also have the cards that came on the individual Twinkies packages, but they all have the normal product stains.

I also have a 1976 proof panel of Brooks with the brown printing on back (see post #2003).

1976 Twinkies Orioles

1976 Hostess Twinkies.jpg