Thread: 2024 National
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I hear you, but the same reply would probably apply to 90% of the post on the board.
True.

Well, I'll reguritate my experience with Cleveland, then.

Historically, I had always fared well in Cleveland. Mind you, I'm exclusively in the autograph realm.

Having become more and more disillusioned with wasting time and money at several prior Nationals with nothing great to show for it, I said to myself, "If nothing happens in Cleveland [2018], then I'm done with this nonsense.". Nothing happened. Haven't attended a National ever since and am happy to say so. Each subsequent year, I've been reassured by those in attendance that this decision has continuously been the right one. Again, my preferred corner of our universe is more finite and differs from many here. A couple of people I know made similar personal vows that year in Cleveland. Nobody has had a single regret.

As to the venue, it's way on the outskirts of town. There's nothing much to do out that way from my experience, but it beats being in Cleveland Proper. I can say that it's defintiely the most affordable area of any current National location, and the parking at the venue is plentiful and inexpensive.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 01-04-2024 at 08:47 AM.