Thread: "Tough" backs
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2023, 09:47 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy102175 View Post
Here's another noob question for everyone lol:

In the T206 set I often see common backs labeled by collectors as a "tough back" for certain players. Is there a resource that can help collectors find out the scarcity of backs for individual cards? If I'm paying a premium for a Piedmont 350/25 or a Sweet Caporal 350/30 I just to make sure I'm not over paying. Thanks!!
Almost all of the back scarcity lists are based on the difficulty of just acquiring a particular back example without any consideration of who the subject is.

Using the print group 1 subjects as an example Hindu is the toughest print group 1 back ranked at #14 but in many cases you will find it much harder to find an Old Mill back which is ranked at #29 when looking for a particular subject and that same subject might be even harder to find with a Sweet Caporal 350 factory 25 back which is ranked at #37 of the 39 hardest backs.

I think the closest to what you're looking for you will find in the lists that James worked on and posted in this thread.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=323336

One of the fun things about T206's is the "hidden gems" there are a few combo's that most people would find shocking and very few people know about but don't reveal because it can take years for one to become available.

There are a few combos above the #30 back ranking that you could be waiting for years before one becomes available.