View Single Post
Old 12-24-2023, 02:09 PM

Just picked up a nice little scorecard that has evaded me the only 2 times I'd seen it available. It's from a game in which the military all-star team faced off against the A.L. all-star team, which had previously beaten the N.L. all-star team the day before to gain the honor of playing the men on the Services team. For this reason, and because it featured stars like DiMaggio and Williams playing for the A.L., and Feller pitching for the military all-stars, it is generally regarded as one of the more notable exhibition games to raise money for the war effort.

Curiously, I received this ticket with the scorecard. I've seen tickets for reserved seats before, and they have info about the game being played that day, but I've never seen a bleacher seat associated with that game. That's probably because it has no identifying features. And so...like so many other tickets that accompanied scorecards and programs but have no identifying features, absolute proof of the game it admitted it's fan to does not exist unless the team itself kept careful records of the tickets. That seems doubtful!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7417.jpg (160.2 KB, 134 views)

Last edited by jethrod3; 12-24-2023 at 02:10 PM.