Thread: Strip Card Find
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPduppp View Post
Pure speculation, but I wonder if the lack of transparency is a generational thing. Speaking as a comparatively newer and younger collector, I don’t often see sellers on social media use their full name or contact info. It’s all Twitter handles and “shop” names. Knowing that this group does a lot of business on social media, I don’t think it’s a stretch to think they’re carrying that mindset into this new venture. Makes it less of a “purposefully being shady” thing and more of a “new kid on the block,” if that makes sense

-Andrew Parks
That is a plausible explanation seeing that at least two of the three involved in this business are probably in their early 20's.

But if you are dealing with vintage cards, you should also realize that you might be expected to operate (or at least be willing to, upon request) in a more traditional fashion, being that our age demographic skews a little more aggressively around the speed limit on major thoroughfares.

Having said that, I bet many on this board wish their knees/backs etc. were 20-something again.

Brian