View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 02:19 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkplace33 View Post
If the National opened up more spots or did a lottery, this wouldn't happen.

Either way, I am sure a dealer will sublet you space. Cash is king.
To your first comment, not true actually. How can they open more spots than are physically available. Event Centers only hold x amount of space for x amount of dealers and customers. Not to mention that the fire codes for respective states are going to limit how many people can actually be in an area at any given time. And they have been known to close the doors and delay entry until they feel the numbers are ok.

And even if the National could find a larger spot, you believe that that would somehow bring every dealer in on the wait list? There would still be many unhappy dealers lamenting the fact that they did not get in again.

And how about the customer that is wanting to get to as many tables as they can over the event. Get too many dealers in an overly large event center then you are ticking off the customer because they cannot get to all or most all of the dealer tables.

There has to be a balance of a number of things as it pertains to holding an event such as the National. No one is ever going to be pleased with the results. But subletting, is still not cool to those that work within the rules of the events.

Butch Turner

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.