View Single Post
Old 10-31-2023, 06:03 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
You are correct, he wasn't even at third when he put his head down, just bad baseball....even if he was safe....why risk it....nobody out, men on first and third, pitcher getting rocked.

It's just bad baseball to go home on that unless you are positive you are scoring. I don't care if that is how Arizona plays. The coach obviously knew he should hold. And yes his initial waving him home was wrong, but he caught his error before Walker touched third, Walker could have and should have seen that and hit the breaks.

How often does the runner score from 2nd and no outs in extra innings, I don't have stats but from watching this year seems like 50% or better. So a runner on 3rd nobody out has to be in the 75-80% neighborhood if not higher.

Walker F'd up.
The local press is throwing shade at both Walker and Perezchica for the play, although Walker appears to own it (I would expect nothing less), saying he froze for a second and tried to make up for the poor jump once he saw he was being waved in. Some radioheads question why Perezchica would have ever given the wave sign-- given the situation you presume hold and change to wave only if/when you see a misplay.

Of course, no one in AZ has the insight of some of the great baseball minds here on net54. Such a pity.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.