View Single Post
Old 10-31-2023, 05:22 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
Are you sure about this? I don't recall seeing a replay with a wide enough angle, but it looked to me like Walker wasn't even at third yet when the stop sign came up.

Garcia has one of the strongest arms in baseball, and Walker has to know that. Also, as has been said, Scherzer struggling and nobody out. At least look back or at the coach again before putting your head down and barreling home.
You are correct, he wasn't even at third when he put his head down, just bad baseball....even if he was safe....why risk it....nobody out, men on first and third, pitcher getting rocked.

It's just bad baseball to go home on that unless you are positive you are scoring. I don't care if that is how Arizona plays. The coach obviously knew he should hold. And yes his initial waving him home was wrong, but he caught his error before Walker touched third, Walker could have and should have seen that and hit the breaks.

How often does the runner score from 2nd and no outs in extra innings, I don't have stats but from watching this year seems like 50% or better. So a runner on 3rd nobody out has to be in the 75-80% neighborhood if not higher.

Walker F'd up.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 10-31-2023 at 05:35 PM.