View Single Post
Old 10-02-2023, 07:42 PM
Frank Wakefield

Tom Barker's Game was designated WG6 by Mr. Burdick,
The National Game was designated WG5.

NB that Brian's Alexander is a WG5, IF PSA got that one right.

So, I'm posting this so you can see the Rules card and the Scoring card.

That paper above doesn't have all of the rules, it's more of a small handbill or advertisement. The Rules card came with the game. That piece of paper realistically has a hand stamp shop advertisement on it... someone may well have picked up that piece of paper, bought the game, then folded that paper and placed it inside. But I don't think that paper came inside the game box; I think it was laying around to get someone thinking about buying the game.

The WG5s and WG6s are normal playing card size. How big is that piece of paper, as folded?

I do confess that prior to seeing that picture of hands holding cards, I had not bothered to grasp that whoever's team was "hitting" would hold cards so "batter" appeared on the left side; while whoever was in the field would hold their cards so that "batter" was upside down and on the right.

I don't think that paper was included with the original box. But it's a great piece of the games puzzle.

If I ever get a weekend to converse with and ask Jefferson Burdick questions, I'll ask about why National Game got WG5 and Tom Barker got WG6, and who was copying who...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg WG5 Nat game 1.jpeg (180.6 KB, 279 views)
File Type: jpeg WG5 Nat game 2.jpeg (153.1 KB, 276 views)