View Single Post
Old 09-22-2023, 08:01 AM
Michael C

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
Personally I don't care what the BP is, I'll bid what I want factoring in the BP to the total cost. My issue with Goldin, besides the search functions, is the request for banking information before being able to put in bids totalling over $10k. I'm not a high roller by any stretch, but I know my limits and if I have to come back multiple times waiting to be outbid to put in placeholder bids, forget it. In today's market $10k in bids is not that much but there's no way I'm giving Goldin any of my personal financial info in order to bid. I know there are others like me as well on this subject.
I didn't find it to be that big of a deal. I did it. Take a bank statement that has some larger account on it. BLACK out any personal information like account numbers, address etc and send it in. I thought it was dumb, but also not that big of deal in the grand scheme of things.

I can see why they want it. I'm sure it is a way for them to avoid people just shilling up big money cards and then not paying. Limit the buyer pool to people that can pay. You can't just walk off the street at Christie's and bid $100,000 on a work of art. You have to be qualified.