View Single Post
Old 08-27-2023, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrod3 View Post
So I was thinking a bit more about why tickets seem so much more desirable than scorecards and programs...

Tickets take up less space, that much is true. But as others have mentioned when considering whether or not they might get their scorecards or programs slabbed if they had the opportunity to do so, you'd miss out on all the great content. In this case, the content, at least in older programs, includes photos (sometimes early photos) of the players that are playing. Tickets can be ornate and some will have a specific player on them, especially season tickets printed in the last 30 years or so, but half of my tickets have no images. So it's just tough to figure out why there is such a disparity in pricing between programs and scorecards/program. I can't imagine that for any given game, more scorecards/programs were saved than tickets.
Just an opinion, but I actually believe that more scorecards//programs were saved.

Have you ever noticed how many earlier vintage scorecards have a vertical crease running down the middle?
Male fans frequently folded the scorecards in order to stick them in their breast pockets. This would allow them to pull them out during the game and also bring them home.

Regular gameday tickets not so much, as they were often tossed as trash based on what I have observed in my lifetime.
Notable exceptions would include playoff games, World Series and All Star Games IMHO.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 08-27-2023 at 08:49 AM.