View Single Post
Old 08-01-2023, 11:06 AM
Dave Carson

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
Pre war I’m looking for some Diamond Stars as I work on my very low grade set - cards with writing etc are in my wheelhouse Also working on my 1941 Play Ball set - slightly better condition here - more a G to VG set - no major creases or issues.

I’m primarily focused on food issues in post war cards: Hostess panels (down to 8 needed ), Kahn’s all sports with a focus on 66-68 and 1958 Hires.

Also would like to work on 1969 and 1970 Milton Bradley

On the high end I’m looking for a 1950 Bowman Jackie Robinson in low grade and a 1958 Hires Willie Mays. Still need Ted and Joe in the 1941 Play Ball. 1950 Bowman football Motley and Graham.

At the end of the day I will probably come home with little of this and something I’m not even thinking of now - like the last Chicago national when I bought a lot of about 150 1949 Bowman

I would certainly be open to lots of 1939 and 1940 Play Ball, Goudey, 1951 Blue Back, Wheaties, Berk Ross, Kahn’s, 1971 OPC

Going back to the “good old days” thread, the best shows were always coming home with a big pile of cards.

Overall, with few exceptions, I’m looking for fairly priced cards or “bargains “. I’m not looking to set the market.

Time to work this week on making sure my want lists are updated and figuring out what backpack/ bag I’m taking and getting a box or two and some card savers ready.
i struck out on my Hostess list though I have found 2 of the panels I need on line

I did get 6 Hires at the show and about 30 Kahns

I did pick up a Jackie Robinson 1950 Bowman in SGC 1

I never did find any lots of cards to buy.

Found other stuff - B18s in particular.

Happy with my overall haul