View Single Post
Old 07-17-2023, 09:53 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
I thought I would circle back now that I completed my Warren Spahn framed project.
This piece incorporated the following items that I have collected over the years to create something that I will enjoy all the time:

My favorite action photo of Spahn that actually graced a Sports Illustrated cover in color at one point.

The circa-1958 large PM10 pinback thought to have possibly only been sold at the 1958 World Series.

An actual ticket stub from Warren Spahn's 2nd career no-hitter in 1961.
A super tough ticket to find, IMHO. Spahn hurled this masterpiece after he turned 40.

A stadium giveaway card that was given to fans that attended Spahn's 2nd no-hitter. Bonus points for someone having Spahn sign the card at some point. Very cool!

Finally, artwork from artist Hollreiser, who is famous for producing "This Day in Baseball" cartoons in the NY Daily Post and others during the 1960's and 1970's. This also pertains to Spahnie's 2nd no-hitter game.

Enjoy!
That is so awesome! I love the picture; I have a similar snapshot. With that wingspan and that nose, he looks like a raptor about to pounce. The This Day series is great. I found a few hundred of them in the bottom of a box that held a collection I purchased. Here are a pair of Ruths:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...