View Single Post
Old 06-25-2023, 08:38 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

My 8 year old self would be so excited to see that I had tobacco and candy cards these days. When I was 8 I always wanted a tobacco card but never thought I would have one. I didn't know that they were even at the shows I was going to as a kid. I was just looking for the modern stuff at the time, the Mattingly rookies and Griffey's and stuff. If I had spent time looking around better I would've seen T206s and other prewar cards. I also would have seen that they could have been bought for less than a box of junk wax at the time. So I would've been so happy and in awe of what I have today. Even though I don't have anything crazy valuable, I have plenty of cards that would've excited the 8 year old me. That's for sure.

I'd probably be thinking, however, why I don't have a Ty Cobb yet. Ha!

I'd also be impressed with my post war vintage collection and my Mantles and other cards in that era.

Great topic.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here