View Single Post
Old 06-24-2023, 04:59 PM
St,an Pietr.uska

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand1com View Post
If it still shows in the USPS system, you will eventually get it. Then what. You get the card and the money. You should have waited for a reasonable time before potentially doubling up. Even you said it still showed in the system. I had an item delivered to a member on here 5 weeks after it was shipped. I had already refunded after two weeks but he paid again when he got the card. It stayed in one postal location for almost 5 weeks before it moved. It happens.
I went to my post office this morning. They said it is lost in the system and they are trying to locate it. I guess I could have just let EBay keep the money and if the card never shows up I am out both. I told eBay I never received it and I appealed their chargeback asking them to wait until I received the card. They told me as far as they are concerned once they mail it out it’s not their issue and thus they initiate the chargeback. I have an item that went missing three years ago in Los Angeles between the distribution site and was never delivered. eBay charged me back. It was never delivered back to me. They told me to make a claim thru insurance because I mailed it. The post office declined to pay stating that the price something sells for on ebay was not proof of its value. I lost several signed diamond kings in that transaction. I really have no faith in the postal service and usually use UPS or FedEx for anything of significant value generally.