View Single Post
Old 05-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
I just watched the portion of that video which showed Ty cracking the '52 Mantle out of its slab. Here's my review:

Amateurish.

Irresponsible.

Reckless.

Borderline idiotic.

This could have ended very poorly for the owner of the card. Fortunately for them, Ty blindly stumbled into a heaping helping of sheer dumb luck. Yes, dumb luck. Very, very dumb.
Takes 5 minutes to look for an instructional on how to do this. Takes a lifetime to build the ego that you know everything.

Sometimes it’s best to realize there’s always lots to learn and to listen. Some realize this younger than others, some in time, and some never do.

Full respect to those that admit mistakes and help the newbies, not impressive when you never do and build a library of mistakes for the unknowing to learn from.

If anyone wants to learn the mistakes I have made in this hobby, well set aside a leave of a couple weeks of absence from work and I will fill you in. However, you will also get the story of what it taught me.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 05-28-2023 at 12:19 PM.