View Single Post
Old 05-23-2023, 03:28 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Like most things, a great idea when prices are soaring crazy. Not so much when they crash down to earth.

Never had any interest in the idea, but I don't see where buying 1/5000 of a card for $500 is any stupider than buying an entire card for $2.5M. If it goes up, great deal. If it doesnt, not so much. Seems to be the exact same concept behind mutual funds.
I invest in Mutual Funds. It's different from Collectables. I invest in Large Cap funds, International Large Cap funds, and also one Environmental Conscious fund, plus the Retirement 2055 fund. At the end of the year, Dividends are paid out for the mutual fund owning XYZ shares. That number is then divided by the number of mutual fund shares and paid out to shareholders as additional shares of the fund. So I always own the mutual fund, and I receive additional shares at the end of the year, and when I want to sell my mutual fund shares I can. When the market is down, my share value is down, but the dividends have continued. When the market is up, my share value increases and the dividends continue. If it's seen as a long term investment, then the ROI is worth it. Whereas in Collectables, the flippers were looking for quick money.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo