View Single Post
Old 05-05-2023, 01:23 AM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Let's be clear. There is no difference of "opinion" about the Mastro case. What there is, is blatant and disingenuous misrepresentation of the factual record, even in the face of the operative documents.
I agree. Someone here is blatantly and disingenuously misrepresenting the factual record of the Mastro case to make it appear as though he was convicted of fraud for trimming and selling the Wagner when that simply isn't true. He keeps pointing to the indictment and a rejected plea deal as if those are the same thing. It's not. He also continues to imply that the mail fraud charge that Mastro was convicted of corresponded to the trimmed Wagner, even though he knows full well that it did not. The Wagner was sold directly, in person, to Jim Copeland in 1987 as a cash deal. It was not mailed, and couldn't possibly be considered mail fraud.

No one has ever, to our knowledge, been convicted of fraud (or any other charges for that matter) for trimming and selling cards. It is what it is, and pretending as if that's not the reality we all live in is not helpful. It is just wishful thinking.

Let's get one thing straight though, since some here wish to put words in my mouth that don't belong there. I do not condone trimming cards. As I have said repeatedly, I think it is unethical and a shitty thing to do.