View Single Post
Old 04-24-2023, 08:19 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVintageCards View Post
Amazing information that’s coming, I guess I have to hunt the other 3 Hornsby backs now. Looking through past VCP sales I only saw that most are type 1 and there was 1 sale of a type 3 in 2019. Now I have the information to keep a eye out. If anyone has either a type 1, 3, or 4 I’d love to see some pictures. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You may need to hunt for more than 3 additional Hornsby backs, if you also want to have examples of the 2 variations of the 4 back Types. The most common back variation has print that reads from top to bottom ("TTB"). The scarcer back variation has print that reads from bottom to top ("BTT"). I don't think each player is known with all 4 back Types, and I don't know if each back Type comes with both back variations. Rhett is the resident expert re this set, and hopefully he will chime in again. In response to your request for pictures, here are my:
- Type 1 back - Sam Rice cards with both the TTB and BTT variations.
- Type 3 back - WaJo card with the TTB variation.
- Type 4 back - WaJo card with the BTT variation.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.